Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Maple Whiskey Coffee

In honor of the new year I thought I'd share a coffee drink I concocted the other night. I generally don't like whiskey in coffee because it often tastes like rubbing alcohol in my coffee. That isn't pleasant and it is disrespectful to the coffee, one of my favorite drinks. In this recipe you'll get the flavor notes of the whiskey but you won't notice the alcohol.

Heavy cream was used to make the whipped cream but you could also use coconut whipped cream if you're dairy free. (see below)

Maple Whiskey Coffee

12 oz of coffee

2T of real maple syrup (the stuff from trees)

2T of whiskey (Pendleton, my favorite, was used)

Stir half and half and or heavy cream into the coffee

Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon

Coconut Whipped Cream

1 can of refrigerated full fat coconut milk. (It must be cold and it must be full fat for this to work. No worries though it's good fat.)

Use a mixer with a whisk attachment to whip it up.

Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Add sugar to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment