Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Whole 30 Chicken Salad


Although I loved the chicken and stuffing I had for dinner I wanted something completely different the next day. I eyed the spinach in the refrigerator and it became my inspiration. My mind began to race with numerous options and when I saw the homemade mayonnaise I finally settled on chicken salad. Melissa taught me how to make mayonnaise in her Well-Fed 1 cookbook and I haven't bought mayonnaise since. I like being able to customize it and decide which seasonings and oil to use. For this particular batch of mayonnaise I used extra virgin olive oil which gave the mayo a hint of the olive oil flavor.

For 2 healthy servings:

1 T minced shallot
1 T raw apple cider vinegar
1 t dry tarragon
1/2 t salt
1/2 C extra virgin olive oil mayo
1/2 C raw chopped pecans
1/2 C dried cranberries
diced chicken (I used 2 thighs, 1 breast, and 1 leg for this recipe)


Combine shallot, vinegar, tarragon, salt and mayonnaise and stir to form a dressing. Add pecans, cranberries, and chicken. Stir to combine and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment